Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thanksgiving Cards

I know it is getting a little late to get these on for you for Thanksgiving, but this is the earliest I could get to it. Enjoy!!!



This card, to the right, is a beautiful example of how you can blend many of your ink refills and come up with some beautiful fall colors. I used the stamps "Harvest Home and Lovely As A Tree". I really like the way that this card turned out.



This next card shows how you can use your oval punches and create a small or large pumpkin. The designer paper I used is retired but you can use any kind of designer paper that have fall colors in it.




This next card is a fun example of how you can embellish around the edge of the main focus of the picture. I used some micro beads to do this. The ribbon I used was left over from Recollections when they were open in the valley. I really miss that place.




This next card really makes you feel like you are in someones home looking out on an Autumn evening with the bare trees and the snow on the ground. The windows are from a hostess stamp that is avalible right now called "Window Dressing" on page 22 in the Fall/Winter 2008 catalog. Again I used some fall color ink refills to create the colors in the back ground were the trees are located. The trees are from the stamp set Lovely as a tree.





This last card shows a turkey that I made using my punches from Stampin Up. This is not a fancy card but it is a quick one that you can make and is fun for the kids. Sarah, my daughter, looked at the turkey and created her own turkey that turned out really good. Many times seeing others ideas help us to think of things we can do with the stamps we have. I hope this is the case for you. Take a moment and see what you can create for someone that you are thankful for and share your talent with them by sending them a card this Thanksgiving season.

As always I am here to be of help in anyway possible. Please feel free to call me anytime or if you would like to leave a comment I would love to hear from you! I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know and meet so many of you. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: