Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Student Card Swap at NPC

I wanted to share with all of you the card swap we did at NPC. At the beginning of June I taught a class at Show Low's Northland Pioneer College. We all had a wonderful time. When I began the class the students and I were assigned to make a one card a duplicate it four times. Then on the last day of class we would all swap cards. Here are the beautiful cards my students maked. I was so pleased with there efforts.


This card was made by Sheila Russell. I love the elegant look of this card. I have enjoyed getting to know Sheila. She is so fun to have in class.



This card was created by Angela Simpson. This birthday card caught my eye as I am partial to the color purple. Angela was new to our class this time around. She was kind of quiet but very kind and helpful. We hope she will join us again in October so we can get to know her better.



This card was created by Joan Thomas. You cannot tell but the heart in the middle of this card is folded into a pocket. Then you can slip anything you want into the pocket. What a great idea for a card. The possibilities are endless. This is the first time Joan has joined us at NPC. She told me the other day she doesn't know what to do with her Tuesdays now that we are not meeting for our Rubber Stamp Class. We really do have a lot of fun and it is nice to just show up and make some fun cards, learn some new techniques and get to know others.



These last two cards are created by Pam Fredley. Pam always brings more than one card to the card swap and I asked her if I could have one of each. I love the way she use the stamp set "Just B" and "Just Buzzin By".



This was a cute way to put a Get Well card together. She created a pocket on the front of the card and then placed a packet of Chicken Noddle Soup in the pocket. You will have to add this to your ideas for a Get Well Card.

Thank you to all who signed up for the class at NPC. I will be having a new classes at Snowflake and Show Low in the Fall.

NPC in Snowflake will be on Tuesdays in September. NPC in Show Low well be on Tuesdays in Oct. There is a limit of 10 students per class. So you will want to sign up early and get your spot reserved. We will be making a lot of fun holiday cards. There are so many fun new stamps sets in the new catalog and the new "Holiday Mini Catalog" is coming out in September. If you are on my mailing list you will be getting that in the mail next month.

No comments: